Hello, I have been on birth control for about a month and then I had my period and now all I am getting is this gross smelly brown discharge. I don’t understand why this is happening to me. Is it from the pills? I don’t know if it is normal this the first time I am taking birth control.

I have a friend with a same problem and hormone-based birth control causes her smelly, dark brown discharge for no more sexual orgasm. Here is how explanation for her sounded. The birth control has overloaded her liver detoxification system and shut down her pituitary-ovarian axis to cause a deficiency of natural progesterone, androstenedione and testosterone in her uterus and cervical hormonal receptors. A deficiency of the progesterone results in a thin uterine lining for bleeding, and a lack of androstenedione and testosterone weaken her neuro-immune and healing power and causes a deficiency of housekeeping hormone prostaglandin E-1 and an over-production of prostgaldnin E-2. This one suppresses the vaginal immune for yeast outgrowth. The uterine bleeding and cervical mucus are then yeasted for a smelly, heavy brown discharge, although I can’t remember if it happened before or after her period.

im havng the same problem and teh advice given is very helpful but is theere anything wrong and will the bleeding stop and when will it :$ IM SCAREDDD

hey i have the very same problem!!

It all started after i had my son i went on the pill and i started getting a yellow smelly discharge but the it would get alot lighter as my period approched. But as soon as my period would finish id get this horrible smelly brown discharge!! Im so serious ti could clear a room out!!

i have been to the doctor a few times and had swabs done and all have come back clear! But now u people say u had it from when u started the pill im woundering if thats whats doing it....

Can i ask what pill u r taking? Im on Monafem. Thanks