Hi, %-)

I am 23 years old. February and March I had normal periods just one or two days longer than usual. Then one day at the end of March I noticed a small amount of blood in the vaginal discharge while using the washroom (not enough to wear a pad). With a little more discharge after the first day it lasted for about a week off and on during the day, so I started wearing a liner. Really noticable during intercourse. After about a week it got really light again and turned to a brownish discharge and only was seen when using the restroom. Still continuing today three weeks later. *Only seen when using the washroom, nothing stays in the panties. Not quite sure what is going on, there is no itching, burning, or foul smells. Feeling fine otherwise. I have been with the same sexual partner for 8 years and I have two children. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks ;-)

Hi. You don't mention if you are on any birth control, sometimes woman can have breakthrough bleeding caused by birth control. Is there any chance you are pregnant? Some woman have spotting/brown discharge in early pregnancy. I would wait and see if it happens again next month and if it does then I would go to a doctor to get it checked

Hi again,

I am not on any sort of birth control, however I did have my last baby 10 months ago, and have had normal periods up until this past month. I have heard of spotting during pregnancy but I thought it only lasted a few days if that was the case. I feel fine otherwise though no cramping or nausea.

Thanks for the reply, if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Confused... 8-|

Hi crzyfl;

No, I am not on any sort of birth control. I had my last child 10 months ago, and have had normal periods up until this past month. I have heard of spotting during pregnancy but I thought it only lasted a few days, this has been going on everyday now for 3 1/2 weeks. I feel fine otherwise though no cramping or nausea, I really don't think it is pregnancy, since it's not really spotting it's brownish, pinkish discharge.

Thanks for the reply, if you have any other suggestions what it could be please let me know.

Confused... :roll

Sorry, I don't really know what it could be. I would suggest waiting until after your period and if the discharge happens again next month then I would go see a doc.

%-) I am having very thick dark discharge for three weeks now. Not on bc using condoms. What could be wrong. have very normal priods otherwise

Hey I'm like fifteen, never had sex, and having the same problem. Tommorrow I'll have had three weeks of a super light not quite on schedule period. I'm freaking, I really don't know what to do and I'd like to just know I'm all right. I'd go to a doctor, but I don't have time, and they've never reallly helped me before.

culd you tell me if i got something going on ? i been having a discharge for two months now,i been thinking that is probaly my menopause,it startedout before my period with a brownish and fishy smell then a light bleeding wish i thought it was my period, then it just kept happening all through the whole month and it is very enbarrasing with my partner because i never had a smelly vagina i also notice tenderness on my breast and my uterus.please help :'( :'( :-( :-( :-(

Can someone help me for 3 weeks now I have been put on the pill by my doctor and I have had a brown discharge I don't know what it is but after intercourse I had blood but we know I'm not pregnant what could it be ? Someone please help I'm getting worried

i have had what i thought was my period for a few weeks non stop but today i noticed it was brown. i recently got an the iud, mirena i don't know if that is related??

I am 28 years old. I have irregular periods trying for a baby.My ttc sep 12th 3 mnths ago still not get period. Now i have brown spotting since 3 weeks. I am not in any medication. Is this pregnency or not i am very confused waiting for your reply.
Thank you.

With all 3 of my kids I had brown discharge when I got pregnant and that's how I knew. A pregnancy test will confirm . Good luck.

Hi what sort of discharge did you get ? Me and my fiancee have been trying for a baby for a while i have normal periods every month not on any birth control ect i had my period started 26 ended 29th they usually last 4-5 days so is normal about 2 days after i started having brown discharge when i wiped and still having it now i was due to come on yesterday but still just brown discharge ive had a few cramps when discharge first began upset tummy last couple days and needing to wee slighly more durning the day but other than that i feel fine

Did you have to wait the full 3 weeks after intercoarse to get a BFP ..? 2 in a half weeks later still brown discharge , mild cramping, but negative pregnancy test..

any update on this please poster, I'm experiencing the exact same as yourself as well as 10 months since last birth of my son