Hi, folks. My friend has been having some trouble with her son. He is age of 8 and he began with some troublesome behavior. It seems that he has oppositional defiant disorder. I wonder whether this kid is too young for this kind of disorder. What do you think about this? I would appreciate all your replies.

Hi, there. Kids with ODD are often bullies and oppose the authorities. That is why people think that onset of ODD is in early adolescence. But it doesn’t have to mean. ODD has a very early onset. Very young kids can be diagnosed with ODD. Later, this disorder can transform into a conductive disorder. It is possible for a kid of age of 8 to have ODD. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!

Hello. I agree with the previous post. My neighbor was 9 when he was diagnosed with ODD. He bullied everyone in school. He wouldn’t listen to his teachers, or parents. At the end, they took him to a psychiatrist to see what is wrong with him. I think that with a constant treatment, symptoms can be managed. I hope your friend will manage this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!