Hello. I'm 20 year old female and I would like to find out some more information about teeth whitening.
You see, I think I was born with these yellowish teeth because no meter how hard or how often I brush my teeth still have this ugly color and that’s why they look like they’re filthy.
This wasn’t bothered me before but now- I would like to get rid of it. So, I was talking about teeth whitening with my parents but they don’t improve it because they think it would harm my teeth.
Please tell me this isn’t truth. A friend recommended me some Crest Whitestrips. Are they any good?

Hello. I know some facts about teeth whitening and that’s why I think I can help you. You see, your parents are partially right because, earlier, some inappropriate materials were used as whiteners such as baking soda or similar and they really did harm people teeth, especially enamel layer. Now- situation’s changed. Your friend has recommended you some good stuff.
Whitening strips are a fairly new innovation in the world. How could I describe them? They are thin, flexible pieces of plastic that have been covered on one side with a thin layer of hydrogen peroxide used for bleaching. You use them twice a day for a period of 30 minutes and the whole treatment period is 7 days.

no.. the whitestrips are actually bad for you... they dont work... none of the stuff you see in the stores actually works.
if you really want to whiten them make sure you are brushing and flossing atleast 2x a day. dont eat as much sugary food. coffee, cokes, and nicotine all can stain your teeth.
also baking soda is not bad for your teeth. brush with it once a week and make sure to rinse your mouth with cold water afterwards. baking soda is used in many different toothpastes.
another thing that works is using 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 warm water in a little dixie cup and swishing with it for about a minute then rinsing several times with cold water, but dont overdue it!
make sure youre getting enough fluoride and going to a dentist atleast 2x a year.
you can get fluoride from drinking faucet water... bottled water actually filters that out.

*im in college to be a dental assistant and my boyfriends mother is a dental hygienst*

I heard somewhere that baking soda helps whiten teeth. Either look for tooth pastes with baking soda, or you can even add some baking soda on your brush. It works well for me. Let me know how it works out for you.

Thats not true, my friends have used Crest Whitestrips and their teeth are white.

Yes that is true. I always go to my clinic and the whiteness lasts for longer. though I met people who do it at home and I think it is stupid as then teeth hurt, you can't eat hot and cold as everything hurts, so I agree. for whitening and maybe other things. This is where I go :)
Karen

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I did whiten my teeth with the whitestrips premium and they did do the job. Most of my friends tried it and it worked on them too. It isn't bad for your teeth at all. My dentist said that there wasn't any harm in doing this twice a year. Well if you gum and teeth are sensitive then you shouldn't use it.
One of my friends tried the strips and they didn't work, but she did the whitening at the dentists and that didn't work either.

So the only way to know if it works for you is buy a pack. It isn't expensive at all.
I honestly do not believe that it is bad for your teeth if you have normal and healthy teeth.
btw. there isn't even prove that it is bad for you.

Crest white strips work wonderful! I used to have yellow teeth and I used the crest white strips and they got pretty white, then once I was done with my first pack of them, I used another pack and now my teeth are like as white as they get. My teeth were super sensitive for a few weeks but it goes away and it is totally worth it(: Oh and I used the crest white strips about a year ago and my teeth haven't faded yet.

All i can say is crest white strips work if used as directed. I personally have used them & they brought my teeth quite a few shades lighter they are bright white now & i get many compliments on them. As far as being safe im wondering the same thing, a little late i know but someone just told me it's bad for enamel but im not sure. But they do work!!

ncie .. good day

I have to post on this.. Crest White Strips do work!  just make sure you get the "advanced seal" ones or else they'll be sliding off your teeth.  I get professional effects.  they're about 50 dollars and you use them for a half hour for 20 days.  I had yellow teeth when I first started and now I get compliments on how white they are, people asking me how..  I used to hate smiling in pictures but now I feel comfortable :D  the only problem is I think I'm addicted.. I keep buying them and whitening my teeth more lmao!  I've had a little bit of sensitivity but nothing major.

Baking soda is very bad for your teeth, it damages the tooth enamel which protects your teeth! Just brush twice a day and if you really want to get whiter teeth, ask your dentist. She can do it, it'll be more expensive but you teeth have to last a lifetime so I'd say it's worth it. 

Crest white strips definitely work for me! My teeth are a little sensitive so I use sensodyne (or whatever) and for my enamel I use the pronamel kind! Helps a lot! I just wouldnt over use the strips. Once or twice a year is good for me!

I am using Crest Whitestrips right at this moment actually! They work great! This is only my third night using them and I notice a huge difference! The box I bought came with 20 treatments and I only have to do them for a 1/2 hour each night. They are great!