Hey there,
I have a very strange problem and for my sake I hope there is some more people with it …sorry :-)
Inside my mouth (lips and cheeks) are peeling. This feels very strange, especially when I touch it with tongue. I can actually take the skin off …
Is anybody here with this problem?

Hello, hello!
I am glad I am not the only one :-) I think I found a reason for this- toothpaste :-) I am using herbal toothpaste and since then the situation is much better. Try it! Maybe this will work for you too.
Regards!

I have had this problem for the last year or so...
I have discovered two reasons...
1.One reason I discovered is Toothpase. If I use any toothpase other than sensodyne, a thin flimsy layer of skin peels of inside my mouth almost everyday. It is not a good feeling.
2. The second reason is some deficiency in the body. I don't know what it is. I eat very health, but tend to ignore eating reasonable quantity and not balanced That is one reason, when I eat balanced diet, I stops
3. Reason is hormonal changes in the body and again some deficiency in the boy. That is for the first time skin started peeling fo inside my mouth.
It is now on and off. when it starts I know something is missing in my body. some vimatin deficiency due to hormonal changes..
If somebody can figure out what deficiency it is would be great...
hope this helps...

I am also in need of help with this area. I woke up one day about 2 months ago and the inside of my lips, top and bottom were feeling really wierd...like a bubbly sensation and when I touched my tongue to them they felt really wierd...then I noticed that it was skin coming off...it would get loose enough that I could pull it off with my teeth...no pain...just wierd...and then my tongue started feeling kind of coated...I quit drinking my coffee creamer because they tended to make it worse...and I asked the doctor and he said He didn't know...He said it wasn't herpes or anything like that...I changed toothpastes, watched what I was eating and still its there...some days it seems as though its going away and then it flares up again...If anyone can help please let me know..
Thanks
FireBride :'(

Omg. i had the same thing.. its like.. down near your gums, and it skin peels off.. i got it on the side of my tongue too..
i thought i had mouth cancer :$

I was just looking this up as well. I do not think its oral cancer. In my situation I noticed it began when I started using a pro health toothpaste. I stopped using it right away but now a month and a half later it has started back up. I am eating a very health diet so maybe I will try one of the recommended toothpastes above. And yes, I wish there was a diagnosis as well.

For the past couple of mths I've noticed the inner mouth peel going on. I went to the dentist today and mentioned it. I've used Listerine for the past 4 yrs or so in the AM and again before bed in the PM. I switch around toothpastes between Colgate, Crest and Aquafresh. Right now using Aquafresh. The Dentist said to lay off the mouthwash. He said that the listerine contains alcohol, and it could be the alcohol burning off the layers. So, I'm going to stop taking that, something I've done for 4 yrs. As a kid, I remember hearing that our bodies change every 7 yrs so perhaps it's that. The Dentist said if it doesn't go away, he'll refer me for a biopsy. Glad I'm not the only one with this, and it doesn't seem like anyone has a bad answer like a disease, so that's a positive. Good luck.

Hello

I recently realized similar problem, this presents itself only in the mornings. My questions is why only in the morning? Am I releasing a certain chemical in my sleep? Where does that come from?

Then I realized as most has mentioned that I changed toothpastes!!! This from herbal white(Colgate) to Aquafresh Whitening paste and after reading everyone's comments this could be the cause for me.

Thank you.
:-|

hello, i just recently started the whole mouth peeling thing. yes it seems very strange. but i think there's a simple answer. I never had this hapen before until i started using listering mouthwash. it's always a little painful when i use it so im assuming that it's burning the top layer of skin in my mouth. :-)

I haven't switched toothpastes and it's still happening, plus my husband got it as well which is weird.
i don't know what the connection is. Mine seems to have eased up alot.

Hello.
I was reading thiss forum just out of curiosity. I've had this prblem as well and found that any "whitening" agent [excluding the strips] made my cheeks peel. I tried crest pro health-- that did it for me. The first time I used it, the inside of my cheeks became dry [but my teeth felt great] and starting peeling everywhere. I would take it out to examine it [gross] I thought it was just pro health. I bought the Listerine whitening pre-wash and THAT made my cheeks peel. I bought whitening toothpaste and again... You know the rest. Anyways, if you are using these products then there you have it! Stop using whitening products! Also, I find it neccessary to also brush the insides of your cheeks while brushing. At least then you can scrub away at the loose skin. Hope this helps

I get the same peeling, but only when I use the Listerine pre-brush whitening rinse.

On days that I skip that, no peeling. But when I use that stuff, it bothers me all day. I may try another brand of rinse to see if that makes a difference.

I've had this problem for quite some time. I mean for a few years now. I've noticed that it happens when I spend more than a good minute brushing. The type of toothpaste doesn't matter. It will also happen if I brush, rinse and brush again. It happens with or without the use of a mouthwash of any kind. I noticed my oldest son wiping the inside of his mouth one day. Seems he has this problem, too. I've asked my dentist about it. But to no avail, he doesn't have a clue.

One day, there will be a dentist smart enough to figure out; but only after it happens to them.

This type of peeling occurs from a mild chemical irritation and will go away after a few days of stopping the cause. It is like an unintended chemical peel.

Examples of causes are: water softeners, chlorine, mouthwashes, toothpastes with special detergents (such as tartar control or complete formulas), overuse of lozenges, mints, and chewable vitamins. You can also get this from taking powdered aspirin formulas and phenol containing agents.

Same with me...first noticed about 7 months ago and I related to the use of listerine, which I dont use very often, but since then, it has happened even on the days I dont use it, or use other kinf of mouth wash...it happens either after brushing my teeth or in the am after brushing before going to sleep, but I still wonder if its related to some deficiency of the body...