After brushing my teeth I experience about a 10 minute period in which there is white gel like substance that is secreted from my mouth almost like a film...what is that ?

I've been having this same issue every morning, is it oral infection?

Ah...LOL! I read that it is due to the toothpaste we use. So, it is advisable that we use toothpaste that don't burn so much; one that do not have peroxide like sensodyne. IDK but toothpaste that are not for teeth whitening/no whitener. Yep, we get those goey white slimy thing in our mouth bcoz the toothpaste burns our mouth. :O

Hello Everyone..
When you eat, food passes through your mouth. Here it meets germs or bacteria that live in your mouth. You may have heard the dentist talk about plaque. Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria. These bacteria love sugars and starches found in many foods, like soda pop, candy, ice cream, milk, and cakes. When you don't clean your teeth after eating, plaque bacteria use the sugar and starch to produce acids that can destroy the hard surface of the tooth, called enamel. Believe it or not, even some fruits, vegetables and juices can cause cavities if you don't brush your teeth regularly. Over time, these acids break down the white covering of your tooth (called 'enamel'), leaving it weaker and less able to fight off germs and more bacteria.

It's a reaction due to the Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulfate found in nearly all toothpaste.  Try an all-natural toothpaste made by Burt's Bees, or any other product that has all-natural ingredients.

Its the whitening toothpaste your using

Don't be surprised about that just ex-foliate your mouth couple times with NEEM mouth washer. It will properly remove your layer.

This same thing happens to me after I brush. I use sensodyne foam toothpaste I've noticed when I change my toothpaste it does not happen. But I love the sensodyne foam so I always go back to it.

Yes, I use a gel toothpaste with gritty (sort of sand paperish) ingredient and get the same thing. The paste does burn the inner skin of my mouth.

I'll quit using it and see what happens. Good post!

I tried pretty much everything and the only thing that prevents it for me is Melaleuca toothpaste.  And no, I'm not a sales rep for the company.

It's the toothpaste! It's abrasive and will dry up the inside walls of my mouth. I've been using regular toothpaste for weeks now and the white stuff hasn't come back at all.

Solution to my problem: don't forget to brush and floss teeth two times daily! And don't wait until 26 hours later to brush your teeth because plaque has turned into tartar and it won't come off with neither an abrasive toothpaste (which I used) nor Listerine.

Its tour toothpaste I get it too. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

we're not talking about bacteria, we're talking about some toothpaste with whiteners/baking soda/peroxide that ends up creating an after brush and rinse type of discharge from the use of it. Which is the tiny bubbles created from brushing when some of us feel that burn it's dead skin for some of us with sensitive mouths. it's dead skin tissue coming off and discharging.

Yeah I hate it's its def sls I get it once in a while plus I brush long so longer paste chills i your mouth it makes it worse I get dry mouth and I get often when I brush the worst in when you get in the floor of the mouth I have to use tooth brush softly and finger nail to scrub that sh*t out lightly but I have also relaIed that if u don't mess with it drink water eventual will come out on its own but it drive me nuts when I rub my tounge on flor of mouth and feel that film so I'm scrapeim tha shot out I would use no sls tooth paste but I like my teeth to feel smith knob sls will leave a film on teeth gritty When u get behind lips or cheeks just use your clean finger it will come out I have been getting it every other day cause I quit pot and cigs so I can get wicked bad dry mouh from withdrawals so I here you guys it's completely normal anatomy stuff don't use sensadyine or Colgate make it worse I use plus white

Wooow, and lm using sensodyne teeth whitening. Thank you for this information. l was beggining to worry thinking that l have a disease, now lm relieved