I had my period finish about 1 week ago. The last tampon I'd put in, felt a bit sore, and when I was taking it out, I wondered if I'd scratched myself. (it could be from about a week before though, when my now ex-gf fingered me with rather long nails, and fairly roughly, which I'm not used to). Anyhow, it's been burning near the opening, near the clit but not on it for the last 5 days or so. A day or so before that, I noticed it felt a bit inflamed (when I was washing in the shower etc). Yesterday when wiping after the toilet, I realised there was blood on the tissue, and it was bleeding (kinda a dry bleed...not constantly bleeding). Today I noticed a bad smell (kinda like when my knee got infected when I fell on gravel as a kid). I'm guessing I have an infection from some kind of nick/scratch/cut, either from the ex-gf, or from inserting/taking out the tampon. Anyone know how I can get this to clear up quickly? I will go to the doc in a few days when I get the chance, but in the mean time urinating is painful, any sexual activity (sadly with myself just now) is painful. Strangely enough also I'm over sensitive on my clit, even though the inflammation isn't there itself....and the oversensitivity is painful/uncomfortable rather than pleasant.

Any advice, at all? I don't want this infection to get worse or last long.

in the same exact boat.... nothing to do with masturbation... well at least i don't think so... just found this article... i am expecting to start my period soon as well... hope i helped!

I have the same problem however it was when my boyfriend was fingering me and than a few days after i started to have a burning sesantion and when i pee it burns even more. when i sit its not comforable or when i get up. it does itch but mostly burns. i even tired to look and see if there was a scrath but i couldnt see anything. a day or two after i got my period and put a tampon in and its burn like crazy so i went out and got pads. once i am done my period im going to the doctors... you should do the same.

im having the exact same problem with the tampon and my boyfriend had sex with me the day b4 and it was kinda rough.. it hurts when i sit and walk sometimes it burns.. i dont noe what it is im hoping its just a rip from the tampon and sex.. im really freakin out that its herpes i start tripping bad thinking i see blisters when my mom says it looks like a cut where the skin rips off.. i dont noe what to do.. ive been crying all day and noe one writes back on my post its really depressing!!!

This has happened to me a few times. For me, this happens when my partner and I have sex for the first time in awhile (usually over a month). My body isn't used to the intrusion and becomes inflamed from it either being a bit too rough or too deep. It could also be a yeast infection. I would highly recommend going to a doctor though.