Let me start by saying that i have been in a monogamous relationship for the past 4 months. 4 days ago however, my perineum became irritated and within the next few days I found red bombs scattered on my inner thighs and a few on my outer vaginal lips. I also had an excessive amount of milky discharge from my vagina. I went to the doctors and she said I had herpes but I'm having a hard time accepting this. Now I know that you can have herpes and no show symptoms but my bf with tested before we started dating and was clean and he said that only girl he slept with between his test and me, had also been. Now, even if he did get it from her, wouldn't I have broken out earlier, not after 4 months. Neither of us have cold sores and he isn't showing any signs of herpes. My doctor didn't do any tests but when I go back I am going to ask her to as I find the red bumps look nothing like what i've seen on the internet. They are red bumps with nothing in them, not blisters, not even pimples and some of them have gone away and they did not blister either. 

When my boyfriend and I were in the shower the day before I had any discomfort, he wanted to have sex in the shower, so we tried but as he was trying to put his penis in from behind me, he hurt me, and I was thinking that maybe he had made a tear in my perineum. Is it possible that this, plus a reaction to his soap gave me a tear and some red bumps that my doctor would have thought was herpes...

do you shave down there and at the top of your thighs?? It kinda sounds like you have ingrown hairs from shaving which can cause red or purple lumps that can be quite sore and they disapear on there own. Did the doctor even look at them to diagnose you with this? If not I think you should change your doctor as herpes is a life long disease, even tho they might disapear your body always has the disease and it can come back at any time. So if she has diagnosed you with this and hasn't even bothered to check you out you deffo need a new doc!! Also the problem with your perineum sounds like he could have grazed you when he was trying from an awkward position, also quite common. I think its highly unlikely that you have herpes if your bf was tested and was clean. Were you tested before you were with him? Xxx

oh and too add to this, milky white discharge is also a sign of thrush, if you have been having lots of sex you could have this xx

I do shave down there but i've never had ingrown hairs before and there was about 10 red bumps, would they all pop up at once... My doctor did look at the bumps but she didn't test them, i don't think she could have even if she wanted to actually, they weren't open and they didn't seen to have anything in them. I have had pap tests but never been tested myself. And as for thrush, i was also thinking i had something along those lines.

Thanks you

Ingrown hairs can happen anytime, they don't have to pop just to disappear, sometimes they just go on there own, or they can pop. I used to shave, and I used to get them a few times but then I started waxing and I no longer get them. I think thrush is deffo an option for the other thing your experiencing tho and that's really easy to treat with cream or with the tablets. Xx

I don't think they are ingrown hairs, but most of the bumps came and left within four days. Now, my Dr. put me on Valtrax on the 3rd day but with or without Valtrax, I read that herpes outbreaks can last a week and then take a couple weeks to heal... I'm on my 5th day now, and all that remains is the tear and it doesn't even look like a paper cut, it looks like a tear, which worries me but it isn't hurting anymore so i assume its healing. One other thing I forgot to mention is that the night before the bumps, i had had intercourse and i normally urinate right after but this time i didn't and i woke up that night soaked. it wasn't urine though so i'm guessing that was the start of my discharge. do you guys think its possible that being wet down there for so long, could have brought on the bumps... or maybe it was the new soap, or maybe a combination...

Also if anyone does think its herpes, feel free to say so, i'm just looking for some opinions as I don't understand how i could have been diagnosed with herpes 4 months into a monogamous relationship, he was tested, neither of us have oral herpes and my Dr. said that if i had had it before, i would have known as if i had an outbreak, i'm obviously not asymptotic.

Hello!!! Your story and symptoms sound so much like the current story of my life. I too have been in a monogamous relationship for the last 4 months. My boyfriend and I have been using condoms everyday. We went on vacation a week ago but prior to that and I was treated for a UTI and yeast infection. Fantastic, right??!! Then I came on my period. Awesome! After coming off my boyfriend noticed some swelling down there. A few days later i had a tingling/burning sensation where my butt and twat meet....that was the freaking worst and was even more persistent when we tried it doggystyle. We refrained from that position.....He noticed I had small blisters, randomly un my genital and perennial area. I go to the ER.....the attending physician tells me that I have Herpes Type 2.....Devestation.....Mind you----he has only spread my legs and and taken a look at this point. The culture test hadn't come back and no blood work was done.......I am going to see my gynecologist in a couple of days......something isn't adding up here......