I’m supposed to have sinus drainage in three days. I have a bacterial infection that has blocked my drainage channels and need to have sinus drainage. I’m little afraid of the intervention and would like to hear something about it.

I personally had the “intranasal antrostomy” for the same reason like you; I had sinusitis meaning bacterial infection of sinus. This is more common surgeon that is usually performed under the local anesthetic. It’s not difficult surgery and won’t last longer than half an hour and no specific pre surgery preparations are needed. The ENT surgeon will cut a small hole inside your nose into the maxillary sinus in order to suck out the pus. And there’s also another type of sinus drainage called “antral puncture and washout.” I decided to have “intranasal antrostomy “for the hole cut performed here is permanent so the hole is not closed up and the sinus cannot be infected again as it is the case in “antral puncture and washout” where the hole cut is being closed so there’re some chances for put to come back and infects the sinus again. So my advice is always to have the first surgery option of sinus drainage. And I know that after sinus drainage is performed you’ll be prescribed some antibiotics that needs to be taken for a few days and you should avoid go swimming at least next 10 days after sinus drainage.