Hello! I am 42 and I already have back pain problems the thing is that my spinal nerve is pinched and hurts a lot and though it is been almost half of year I am taking these over-the-counter meds to help me reduce the back pain it seems it isn't helping me with this spinal nerve pinched and it still hurts a lot. and this is not the first time my spinal nerve is pinched but it usually lasts up to 10 days or 2 weeks and the pain is reduced with some ibuprofen but not this time. I am thinking now of having some surgery that would help me with this spinal nerve pinched to get decompressed so what is your advise?

My advice is to wait a little more and if your condition turns out to be chronic that one of the spinal nerve pinched decompression could be done with some spinal surgery such as spinal fusion or spinal laparoscopy. Spinal fusion is usually performed in more complicated spinal related situations and also laparoscopy which is the best opt if you ask me for the recovery period is much faster end easier. Anyway to me it looks like you have something what is known as spinal scoliosis and it is usually manifested with narrowness of the spinal areas so the spinal nervous that goes through each of the spinal vertebra are being pinched and in more severe cases some spinal surgery is needed to decompress pinched nerves making more room for them in the spinal area by removing some bone out of there and which is usually very effectively performed with spinal fusion surgery.