Hi, I pinched a nerve in the low back, and since then, I feel the pain in my leg. Are those two problems connected, is it possible that my leg hurts because my back is injured?

Hello, of course there’s a connection between your pinched nerve in the back and your leg pain. Pinched nerve is causing the troubles in your leg. I know that because it also happened to me. My pain was perceived as radiating down the leg, so I went to a doctor, and he told me that my nerve was probably pressured by the surrounding tissue. The pain that you’re feeling is in your leg instead of your back because brain doesn’t know the difference between the beginning, or end of a nerve. The pain I had was very strong, because I also had muscle spasms in my back. I treated this condition with medication and physical therapy. I was also thinking to take cortisone injections, but it wasn’t necessary because I was feeling better.

That has happened to me twice in my life and neither time was it any fun at all. Turns out the problem was a pinched Sciatic Nerve (do a google of sciatic nerve anatomy). What would happen is that I could not bend over more than an inch (and I can touch my toes normally with ease!). Furthermore, pain like fire was shooting down the back of my bum cheek down the back of my leg right to my heels. It was awful. The doctor knew what it was right away thankfully and prescribed some anti inflamatory and pain killers and restricted me to bed for four days. I basically woke up long enough to take medicine and go right back to sleep. I never want that to happen again, and that was in my 20's! Imagine now that I'm 40 or when I get older if that happens? ugh. Anyhow, good luck. I see this is nine years too late but if you ever get that warning feeling again, go see doc right away.