what are the symptoms of thorasic spine nerve damage

Last summer my mother slipped and injured her hip and was almost immobile for a few months. She was complaining about the numbness in her back and could also feel some tingling sensations in the lower part of her back. This was occurring only when she would make sudden movements in order to lift herself up in the sitting position. She was taking antibiotics and painkillers and it looked like things were getting better. But then she started feeling, what she said, pins in her right arm and we took her to the hospital. The doctor refered her to x-rays and there on the film it was obvious she had hurt her thorasic spine nerve. The MRI showed the same results, as well. The other methods for diagnosing thorasic spine nerve damage are lumbar puncture, CT and EMG. If you have the symptoms like the ones my mother had, you could use any of these methods in order to find out if there is something wrong with your spinal nerve.

I have had a problem for the past 10 years with my back. I had an injury on the job with a drilling co. when I was 19. My dr. told me I had a couple of slipped disks in the trorasic spine. He told me they would heal on their own and to go back to work. I am 29 years old and I still have severe pain, numbness, stinging, and severe mussel spasums. To this day I have trouble with drs. wanting to do the propper tests, they said it's because of my age and insurance. What do I need to do?

[list=]
    [/list]

Symptoms of nerve pain. Well there is so many. Damaged nerves are usually not working nerves. Pinched nerves are neverending physical pain. Unlike any pain I've ever had. I've gotten the buldging disc decompressed. The pinched nerves won't stop. Nerves (physical nerves) have minds of their own. Meds rarely work. Even good ones. Thorasic pain follows the ribs all the way arround. The arms are numb and feel like they aren't circlulating very well. When the arms are lifted avove the shoulder they loose circulation. I'm 47 yrs old and have had pinched nerves on my thorasic spine 25 yrs.

K, thanks for sharing but what exactly were your mom's symptoms; if you would be so kind?