I just recently had a steroid injection for carpal tunal syndrome and it was very pain ful going in i felt the pain in the palm of my hand and in my arm  moving up towards my elbow im nit sure if this is normal or not however the doctor explained to me id feel  numbness for 2 hours and it woiuldnt take effect for 3-5 days.  I am now experiancing severe pain in my wrist and arm and cannot move 3 of my fingers.  i think he damaged a nerve  has anyone else had this problem and how long has it lasted.  the problem is i am right handed and i am a nail technician so i obviously cant work in a salon if i cant use my right hand i couldnt even wipe myself just now when i had to pee.  im so lost

What do you mean by recently? Hours or a day?

I had a shot in my shoulder a few years ago and I think they don't like to tell you how bad it's going to hurt. It was great almost instantly I could use that arm again but after a few hours it began to hurt and in about 6 to 9 hours it was hurting much worse than it did before the shot. Then over the next 3 hours it began to get better and by the next morning it was much better than before the shot and it just kept getting better after that.

Stop the intake of steroids.. its definitely not good... their are less good thing about it and more bad side..