Ist timer here. Short history - fell on right shoulder on to concrete 2 and a half years ago. Had physio, osteopathy and cortizone injections all to no avail. Also had shoulder xrays and ultrasound originally. In last couple of months pain really bad when lifting arms overhead and really uncomfortable sitting on sofa. More worrying i have mainly night time total numbness in either arm including fingers but no associated pain. Have since had MRI on neck and nerve conduction test - both came back clear although carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists diagnosed and operations being done soon. What worries me is the hospital orthopedic consultant is now unsure what the shoulder problem is. Has anyone else had symptoms similar to this? any replies would be gratefully received.   

I am going through the same situation right now. The first time I noticed shoulder pain was when i reached to put my seat belt on. Since then, the pain at night is nearly unbearable, and I can hardly dress myself from the waist up. I have been to MD, DO and to a physiatrist. They all suggest a cortisone shot. But now I have begun experiencing tingling in my pinky and ring finger on the same side. The tingling lasted for nearly 10 hours! They suggest physical therapy (always do!!) and then the shot,, but I cannot get into PT and just would rather get the shot or surgery to make it all go away! The physiatrist said it is "shoulder bursitis" but they haven't even done an MRI yet! I have an appt today with him so hopefully something will be done to take the pain away, as I have taken tylenol 3, vicoden, vicoprofen, tramadol, cyclobenzaprine, and NOTHING helps!
Well, I hope that by now you have gotten some treatment that has been successful.

Hi constantpain

I found that cortizone only relieved the pain temporarily but everyone is different so i hope it works for you.
Successful treatment...err no not really. Had right hand carpal tunnel operation nearly 2 months ago and now have more problems than i started with. Due to have other hand done on 7th Aug but have follow up appt that i had to ask for on 24th of this month. Not very happy at thje moment.

Speaking from experience, surgery is not always the answer. The consultant surgeons will say that its a routine operation with a high success rate but as i've found to my cost it doesn't work for everyone.

I really hope you are in less pain now. How did your appointment go?

I'm in England so as its now 1.37am i'm off to bed for a restless sleep.
Best wishes and speak soon.

hi, looks like we share the same predicament, pls stop icy cold water, totally, then glucosamine tablets and moringa tea, once a day, 6 months down the road, i am fine now, all the best