I had surgery to release my left ulnar nerve about 1.5 years ago. I do not have any problems with sensation in my hand; however, I am experiencing moderate pain in the elbow area itself. I am a full-time student and spend a great deal of time on the computer. Would surgical intervention be indicated, or could it just be the consistent pressure itself causing this pain? Thank you very much for your response.

Pain after a lesion of a nerve is called neuropathic pain. it would be interestng for you to check out the natural painkiller Normast, which is a body own molecule with virtually no side effects and proven efficacy in many neuropathic pain conditions. Check it out on google. Normast is the brandname for palmitoylethanolamide and the compound is no prescription drug but a supplement. let me know if you find it helpful! 

Thank you for the information. I contacted my neurologist's office and they indicated that this might indicate the nerve rotated around... or something like that. Anyway... going back to have it checked out. :)