I had a breast uplift and implants four days ago. Everything feels fine but i have a a very sharp pain under my arm pit at the side of my left breast. the surgeon said it was most likely to be nerve damage that would soon heal. any advise as i can hardly use my left arm?

Guest wrote:

I had moderate breast enlargement 5 days ago and have an excruciating, burning sensation in right breast which stops me from sleeping. I am worried that it may be nerve damage and that it will not improve. Has anyone else had similar? I usually deal with pain really well but this is like torture.

****You weill see many women have nerve damge due to breast implants'. I am one of them. It is like a burning stabbing pain that has never went away. I pray for your health. Many women go down hill after getting augmented.Blessingsa

does anyone know how to heal this kind of damage or the length of time for this pain to subside. i had my surgery (breast augmentation) 3 days ago and have excruciating pain in my right breast which feels like nerve pain. it subsides then feels like a stabbing sensation. Endone meidcation only dulls the pain. the rest of my surgery seems to have gone fantastically. my surgeon said it was likely nerve pain as a result of the breast being stretched and didnt give an indication of the duration and i dont see him fora nother week. would love some advice.

nerve endings are cut whenever a surgery takes place. Everybody has it. In some people, for unknown reason, these injured nerve endings do not heal properly and lead to 'nerve pain'. Gabapentin is a medication that can help with that.

I wanted to respond to the the person above that nerve damage is some thing that will never heal it self and your only option is to except it and "go down hill". I have just had a breast augmentation and am having some nerve damage pain which I came to this this site looking for some advice. My back story (which is not related to BA)is I have a pinched nerves from a ruptured and also a separate slipped disk in my spine. I used to have such pain I would collapse to the ground. The Dr.s said the only thing I could do is have surgery. I opted not to have the surgery and started and exercise program instead. Today I only have the occasional flare up. The moral to this story is the body is very resilient and will heal heal itself. The most important part for a speedy recovery is a positive attitude. Don't listen to negativity

To heal the pain on the arm side after breast augmentation, you should seek for some better treatment form the best surgeon around your location. Different sites to find the best surgeon is available online to search the best surgeon in your location. However i'm having some own review about plastic surgery and their drawbacks, and strategies to healing your pain as well.
Check out here- ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I had a breast reduction two weeks ago and I also feel nerve pain. My doctor's nurse, who told me she had the same thing done three years ago, said that I would feel it anywhere from six months to a year post op. I don't know if this will be the same for implants because they generally do not remove tissue for that, but I know that anytime they cut a part of your body open, nerves are damaged. Good luck!

I had breast implants and from the moment I woke up I had this tearing , ripping pain under my left breast .My surgeon didn't know what th pain was from .I had the left implant removed and replaced and still had the horrible pain. Then, I had both implants removed and replaced with smaller ones , and still had the pain. I tried acupuncture , cortisone shots, ultrasound therapy, and much more including Nerve blocks which all failed . Pain meds, Advil , and wine didn't help. I bought every kind of bra imaginable . Finally I went for another surgeon and had my implants removed including a capsulectomy , and that is where my surgeon found the trapped nerve . What a relief the pain is GONE!! 3 1/2 years of agony !! I got a lift as well . I'm feel great !! Thank God that nerve is gone and the pain !!

Thank you so much !!! I had a BA 2 months ago and I'm fine threw out the day but then I suddenly feel like a sharp pain on my back kinda near my side like wear my arm hangs from and some sharp shoulder pain nothing to serious but I'm scarred it can get worse Im praying it dosent, thank you so much.

Please tell me the name of the surgeon my girlfriend just had it done 9 days ago and she is in a lot of pain

Please call me I'm having the same symptoms it's been 2 1/2 years now. I just had them done for months ago and still pain  onita

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Help!! I had a implant replacement 2 weeks ago. My DR used the mesh around the new implants. Since the moment I came to after surgery I had a horrible pain in my left chest area. I would compare it to broken ribs. I even asked the Dr if I fell off the operating table, I was convinced my ribs were broken.
I went and had an X-ray, and CT scan because I literalaly cannot take a breath without a stabbing pain in my chest.
The scans don't show anything. As of 2 days ago, I am now having additional pain in my neck and left arm. I asked my husband to massage my shoulder and the second he squeezed me I about went through the roof. From my shoulder, I had a electric shock into my mid arm. I'm pretty positive my problem is with the nerves. The dr offered to go in and remove the internal stitching in the left breast and re do it. Or another suggested a nerve block. I can't function as I am. Literally laying in bed so I can breath without the pain. What do I do????

Hello,I'm so sorry you're feeling this, I am too and it's been going on almost a year since my BA. I'm in complete misery in my left breast and getting no answers or relief despite trying many things. Can you please share if you've had any improvements or advice? Thanks