About three weeks ago exactly, I was in a car crash. At first I seemed fine, aside from a pain in my side that worsened a bit after the adrenaline of the situation ran its course. They took me to the hospital where I was taken in and a CT scan was performed. The doctors said that I was fine aside from some bruising. 

The pain has faded for the most part, but I began feeling around my injured side and realized that there seems to be an indention on the very front-bottom of the right side of my rib cage that I don't recall being there before -- where the seat belt crosses over before wrapping around your side. It still aches occasionally, and moving in odd directions sometimes hurts - and every single night since the accident, laying on my right side or stomach still aches. The main thing bothering me is the fact that I can very clearly feel that it's indented compared to my left side.

Could there be an issue here that the doctors did not pinpoint? Could the CT scan not have shown a possible fracture? If it does sound like a fracture or something that could be permanent damage - is it too late to try and get this fixed? Or am I just being overly paranoid about this whole thing?

15 years ago i was rear ened by a car going 40 miles an hour, i have not been the same since. Like you, i felt sort of ok at the time of the crash, i didn't go to the hospital. But the next day i could hardly get out of bed. Everything started to turn black and blue and i was out of work for 2 weeks due to everything hurting. The Dr. took a ton of exray's and guaranteed that everything was fine. To this day i have back issue's, something i didn't have before the accident. I am guessing i will have this for the rest of my life. Talk to your Dr. and tell him what your feeling, tho it's to late to re fix anything. If the CT scan said there was nothing broken then you got jogged around pretty good for sure. 3 weeks is not a long time and i think that it will take some time before you feel better. Just give him a call and ask a few question's, that's what they get the big bucks for.