I was in a car accident 6 days ago. My chest has hurt since and I have been coughing a lot since the wreck. It's very painful to cough, bend over, bend backwards ... for that matter, BEND at all ... can't be hugged, can't even laugh without pain. I was hoping it would disapate with time.
Should I seek medical treatment, perhaps x-rays to rule out any fractures? I kept hoping it was a brusie that would heal with time. I am a 49 yr old woman if that helps at all.

Yes, you absolutely should see the doctor. Fractures to the rib cage can sometimes be complicated and may need surgery. You want to make sure you don't need surgery for any fracture, and it sure sounds like that's what you have. I suggest you go to the ER.

Since you were in a car accident, I would also consider chiropractic after your bones are healed. Car accidents can cause enormous subluxations in the vertebrae that can cause a lot of pain later in life.

The exact same thing here...but I went to the ER the night of the accident. They said nothing was broken, but x-rays might not show small fractures. I feel the same way you do. When I hiccup, I Cry. I am going for a check up tomorrow. Its been 8 days.