Hello. My husband plays rugby and he got injured today. Doctors are running tests to see whether he has rib fracture or not. I would like to know what the symptoms are of these fractures. Can anyone help me with this? I will really appreciate all your replies and help. Thanks.

Hi, there. I can help you with some symptoms since my boyfriend got rib fracture several years ago. First, there is a pain in ribs and upper chest area in general. Usually, the pain gets stronger when coughing. In the fractured area you can see swelling and bruises. One is usually very sensitive in that area. Pain can also appear when breathing. Internal bleeding can also be a sign. I hope your husband will be all right. Good luck!

Well,
Rib fractures are very often if you ask me. I think that people most often have a rib fractures. I know that this can happen from many things, for instance if you are in a car accident your seat belt my cause you to have a rib fractures. You will feel a lot of pain in your chest and you will have difficulties breathing as well. Your will have a lot of pain even when you try to move. In some cases you will see bruising at the broken ribs. You can diagnose this with an X ray at the hospital. I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie