I was in a car accident on the 14th of November.  A truck slammed into me on the drivers side while we were both moving; Airbags deployed.  

I havesevere chest pain with neck , shoulder and back pain as well.  It's trauma from the seatbelt. First week I had pain, bruising , swelling and inflammation in my chest, back, shoulders and neck.   I had a chest xray and nothing was broken but the pain was brutal.   I sneezed the other day and I almost passed out from the pain.   I haven't been able to sleep without being in pain.  lying on my side caused extreme pain that seems to radiate throughout my upperbody.  Lying on my back caused my finger tips to tingle. Waking up in the morning and my upper body was a solid rock.  Sitting for long periods hurts my back.   

The great news is that  I had physiotherapy yesterday which seems to have helped a lot. I actually slept pain free.  I would suggest physio to anyone with similar injuries.  

I would agree especially in cases of neck and back pain. I've also known people having excellent luck with accupuncture or a really good chiropractor. My feeling is once they can get you to move, you should try to get more active again. 

Hi wen, I think you should also consult a spine surgeon we have actually the same accident took an MRI and notice i have a fractured disc in my spine and also i attend therapy its been a month and every thing is fine i feel some pain at the back of my shoulder but i can manage i haven't take pain pills ever since the accident.. so good luck and have a nice day

Thanks for your post, I had a head on collision 15th November, I still have chest pain when I sneeze or cough, I am going to seek a privatew physiotherapist to improve the after effects of sleep, sneezing and coughing.