I broke my sternum in a car accident several years ago. Recently, I've noticed I was breathing from my stomach, not my chest. My doctor said this may be due to scar tissue build up on my broken sternum. Does this sound right? and what is the best way to break up the scar tissue on the sternum?

Noup, that does not sound right. There is a huge chance that you actually have broken sternum and I am still wondering why you haven't gone to see your doctor about this since you do feel the pain?

The broken sternum is not something that you can just let go. Maybe it will heal by itself, but why you want to suffer this type of pain?

Did you ever consider to take some painkillers that are going to help you relieve the pain?

Silly thing because you just let it go and now, after several years you are complaining about the pain... 

Hi there,

I am not even sure if this is a real problem. I think that people have different breathing patterns and some breath from chest and some from stomach. However there is a possibility that your broken sternum left a scar tissue that might be causing your problem right now. Do you have any pain in your chest? Can you tell me more about the treatment after you had your car accident? Did you had to have a surgery or your sternum was able to heal on its own? In my opinion you should not worry about this too much at all. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best

Danella

Find yourself a really good chiropractor to help with that.