After my urinating problems became worst, I visited doctor. I found out hat could be solved, and he recommended me Hydroclorothiazide. He told me that is just an diuretic for increasing the amount of urine passed. That will help me to lose water and salt that body keeps. I started to use Hydroclorothiazide but I would like to know what should I watch for while taking it?

First important thing was to visit your health care provider for regular checks on your progress. He should check if your blood pressure was regularly. Ask your doctor how much fluid you need to drink a day, because you must not get dehydrated. Also, never stop taking Hydroclorothiazide expect on your doctors’s advice. Watch your diet and ask him about both potassium and sodium intake. Hydroclorothiazide can make your body lose potassium and you might need an extra supply. You might get dizzy or lightheaded of using this drug. Do not drive or use machinery or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how Hydroclorothiazide affects you. Your skin might become more sensitive to sun or ultraviolet light, so keep out of the sun or wear protective clothing outdoors. Amount of sugar in blood or urine can be increased so if you are diabetic keep a close check on blood and urine sugar.

If HCTZ increases blood sugar levels, should I request a medication change from my doctor or simply not use HCTZ. I have both diabetes II and high blled pressure.