My hands and fingers became puffy and swollen. Not in the morning but by the evening I can’t use them anymore. It is water retention I know, but it started pretty sudden and I don’t know how to deal with situation. Why water retention occurs in heads and fingers and what I can do to help my self?

Water retention is the accumulation of fluid in body tissues. Some water retention happens to all of us and it most often occurs in the feet and ankles, the face, fingers, hands, and legs and in later stages, the abdomen. There is water inside the cells and a certain amount of water around the cells and the amount of water is regulated by hormones, sodium and the kidneys, but some people’s bodies seem to retain water with no apparent explanations. However, fluid retention is often caused by allergies. Tips that I can give you are: drink plenty of water, focus on whole grains and watery vegetables, increase you intake of raw food, and shake the salt habit.