Ever since I had a virus at the beginning of August, I have had stomach pain that will NOT go away.

I read on WebMD that to be Dxed with IBS you have to have two of these three symptoms:

"IBS always involves abdominal pain or discomfort. This pain must have two of these three characteristics to be diagnosed IBS:

Relieved with defecation
Associated with a change in frequency of stool
Associated with a change in form (appearance) of stool"

Since I have NONE of those three, I guess I don't have IBS.
I have been tested for 400 parasites and treated for Giardia even though all were negative supposedly.
I am still in pain, mostly when I eat protein, way up high under my ribs.
I can eat just about anything else.
This pain is more like someone hit me in the belly with a bat or something. Even on days when I feel OK, my ribcage hurts around the edges and in the back. I am tired, weak, sweaty, headachey. I've had all sorts of CT scans, ultra sounds and blood and urine test that showed nothing.

Tomorrow I go for HPylori testing. After that endoscopy/colonscopy.
There is no blood in my stools which are normal and regular.
What else could this virus have done to me to cause me such distress which NEVER goes away?

PS - HP seems to be the only causative factor that makes you sick and painful but not necessarily have constipation or diarrhea. I don't want to have something, just want to get meds to clear this up! I am not used to having stomach pain and I can't take much more of this.

I HAD ALL THE PAIN THAT YOU HAVE. HAD 2 CT SCANS, A MRI, COLON SCOPE & SWALLED A CAMERA........NOTHING!! I STARTED TAKING NEXIUM 2 WEEKS AGO AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY MORE PAIN. GUESS IT IS WORTH A TRY......SURE MADE MY LIFE A LOT BETTER.

Some times use of probiotics to increase intestinal flora helps to relieve stomach pain and digestion disorders. Yogurt, curd and pomegranate juice help to relieve this pain. Drink plenty of water. This definitely helps you