So three weeks ago I came down with what seemed like a nasty flu. I had aches, pains, nausea and curled in a ball on my couch. I never threw up. In between that time, a week after the initial symptoms I began to feel better for a day or two, only to have the horrible flu-like aches come back and the chills with them. All the while my stomach was very upset and nauseated but I never did much more than feel bad and dry heave. I never really threw up or had much diarrhea to speak of other than maybe once or twice.

Now three weeks later I feel fine, OTHER THAN MY STOMACH. My gosh this is the worst stomach ache I've ever had in my life. And it seems like it's irritated every time I eat anything. The pain even radiates into my back. I've made an appointment with my GP but I can't get in there for a couple days. The pain definitely worse when I eat but it's there somewhat all of the time.

It feels like a gassy type bloating when it's behaving at it's best, and very sharp to dull aches heavy in intensity at the top of my stomach muscle at it's worst. I have gotten to the point where I don't even want to eat to avoid the pain and nausea.

Could this be some type of bad virus that refuses to clear up some three weeks later? Maybe I was re-infected? Or what could this be that is more serious? Rotovirus was going around my area and I know that there is possibility for re-infection, but I fear that its just something more serious I am starting to get really scared and worried.

anyone who can help me or can simply discuss with me I will be greatly thankful to.

To Go into more detail about my pain in my stomach... it is the type of stomach pain you would have if you ate too many fiber one or fiber bars. Like a gassy type pain except the gas never exactly comes out although I feel in pain and bloated. I am so nauseated.

I have to ask, did you ever figure out what was wrong because im having the exact same problem in the same area

I too have had the same problem - sort of- when I eat or drink anything my stomach hurts - often feels tight and my chest as well ..sometime nausea..

sometimes I feel fluy and sometimes just ok..

I am now on my third month-

blood work ok....no hpylori..etc

How are you doing ??

I am now on my third month-
blood work ok....no hpylori..etc

How are you doing ??

Gastritis. I am now in the hospital with severe gastritis. The pain in my stomach got so bad that the only way I could sleep was in my bathtub in the hot water. I was so dehydrated from throwing up. Seriously I have two children and I'd rather go through another 36 hour labor again than feel the pain that I felt from this.

I have had the same this for past 2 weeks even went to emergency to have blood work done maybe is a virus does anyone have an answer I am OK one day nauseated the next mainly after eating

Did you ever find out what the problem was or did it just go away?

I too have the same problem. It started about a week ago and I have the same exact symptoms. I'm currently in a bathtub right now bc it's the only place my stomach doesn't kill me. Any information would be appreciated, I'm a 19 year old College Student and it's making it impossible to get my work done.

Sounds like a stomach ulcer. Take it from someone who knows, if you have any discomfort after eating that is alarming you should contact your doctor or head to the er.