I have just recently stopped taking my birth control after 5 1/2 years. I stopped midcycle which made the last pill I took on May 9th. Then on May 11, 2008 I had bleeding for a couple of days. So should I count this as a period or go from my last actual period which was April 30th. I also had unprotected sex while I was on the reminder pills. I only took like 10 bc pills after that then have had unprotected sex ever since. My husband and I really want a baby so could I be pregnant yet?

it usually take a couple of cycles after discontinuing your birth control to become regular, and for some women, get pregnant. it will be hard to tell when you are supposed to get your next period, so in about two weeks, try taking a pregnancy test. and if its negative, and you still don't have a period two weeks after that, take another pregnancy test. good luck!