I have been very on and off of my birth control for about a year and I got off of it a week and a half ago and had unprotected sex this past Friday and like a day later my breasts were very tender, I know it's too early for symptoms. But they never hurt unless I'm going to start my period. Just curious as to what could be causing it, when Ive never had it before.

I'm currently taking birth control pills, as well, and my gynocologist told me if I missed a pill or two, just make sure I had made it up and use a back-up method of birth control and I would be fine. The reason being is because the week before my off week of pills, I missed two days, so I read the instructions on making them up and I fixed it. Of course, this caused me to have my period early considering it happened 2-3 days before my off-week pills so I already had my period. I never took the brown pills because they were just reminder/sugar pills so I wouldn't get out of the habit of taking pills everyday so I asked my doctor if it was ok to have sex (protected with a condom) on my off week even though I missed two pills the week before (made up). She answered by saying it was perfectly fine to have sex as long as I have a back-up method and I continue taking my pills on the next day I'm suppose to (I'm a Sunday starter so Sunday night). If this helps any then I'm glad but I don't know what to say if you didn't use a condom and you had missed some pills. The more you miss them, (and don't wear a condom) the more likely you'll get pregnant. Also, when switching pill brands or pills dosage, it causes irregular bleeding the first few months so you may be experiencing that. There are so many answers to what your problem could be and the only two (or one reliable way) is too get a pregnancy test a few weeks after unprotected sex or go to the doctor and get a blood test done because that's the only reliable way to be sure. Pregnancy tests don't always detect pregnancy. Hope this helps!