Hi, guys. I started to experience strong pain in my left knee. It was pretty strong, so after a while, I decided to visit a doctor. After serious of tests, I was diagnosed with double partial patella. I would like to find out something more about this condition. I would be grateful for all your replies.

Hi, there. I have read something about double partial patella. This is very rare syndrome. It can be caused by various factors. Usually, there is some kind of injury of patella. It is usually tendo-periosteal avulsion of suprapatellar or infrapatellar tendon. The second case is rare. These avulsions can be wrongly diagnosed. This causes only casts or immobilization as treatment. I hope this will help. Bye!

Hi, everyone. My neighbor had the case of double partial patella. I must admit that this syndrome is indeed rare. It is often misdiagnosed, so there is no proper treatment. The proper treatment consists of surgical procedure. I think that CT is a good method for diagnosing this condition. X ray images can also be helpful. You should discuss the details with your orthopedist. Good luck with all! Bye!