Hello, folks. I have been experiencing some sharp pain in the knee. It appeared not only when I move, but when I sit as well. I didn’t know what it was. My doctor suspects I have chondromalacia, but he has to run few more tests before setting the diagnosis. Can anyone tell me something more about this condition?

Hello to you too. My brother was diagnosed with chondromalacia. He also experienced knee pain. It was present when he was walking or going upstairs. It was also present when he was sitting. You can say that pain is present almost always. The treatment consists of painkillers and special exercise. Surgery is also an option. You should see first if you really have this condition. I hope you will be all right. Bye!

Hi, there. You should know that term of chondromalacia originates from the beginning of the 20th century. Then, doctors believed that this knee pain was caused by the softening of knee cartilage. Nowadays, this term is used to describe pain in this region. The more exact term would be patella-famoral pain syndrome. However, chondromalacia is still in use. I agree with the previous post when it comes to treatment. You should wait first for the results of the tests. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck!