Hello, folks. I was experiencing some severe knee pain, so I went to the doctor. After some tests, I was diagnosed with patella chondromalacia. Since I wouldn’t like to be on painkillers for the rest of my life, I would like to know something more about the chirurgical treatment of this disease.

Hello to you too. I know what you mean. My aunt has been diagnosed with patella chondromalacia and she is on painkillers constantly. There are surgical procedures, but they are indicated when conventional treatment is not helping. In another word, it is reserved for more severe cases. You should definitely consult your doctor if this is your case. You can also ask for a second opinion. I hope you will come up with the best solution. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello. I agree with the previous post. Surgery for patients with patella chondromalacia is really reserved for more severe patients. I am not sure if this is your case. You have two types of surgery. One is arthroscopy and the other one is realignment. The second one is reserved for the most difficult cases. I hope this will help you. Please, let me know what you decide. Bye!