Hi, folks. My nephew has been diagnosed with MS. I know that this is a difficult disease. I would like if I could help him somehow. I would like to ask you what the best treatment of spasticity is in people with multiple sclerosis. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this.

Hello. Spasticity can be one of the problems of multiple sclerosis. A doctor must determine the signs of spasticity. This is a complex syndrome where there is hypertonia with exaggerated tendon reflexes. MS can affect supraspinal control of reflexes. This affects the muscles of the extremities and the trunk. Spasticity is characterized by weakness, clumsiness of voluntary movements, etc. You should consult your nephew’s doctor for more details. I hope he’ll be fine. Good luck with all!

Hello. Spasticity can cause many problems for patients with MS. The treatment needs a team approach. These people should be advised to be as active as possible. Spasticity can be caused or aggravated by many conditions. These conditions should be avoided at any cost. The treatment consists of positioning and drugs. I hope your nephew will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, everyone. Spasticity treatment in patients with MS is not so easy. Limb positioning is very important. It should be done correctly. Now, you have many adoptable commercial systems for sitting. There are also desk arms, pneumatic tires and leg elevators. You should really consult your nephew’s doctor about this. I hope this will help a little. Please, let me know what doctor says. Bye!