Hello, good people. My nephew has been diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis. I have read something about it, but I would like to know if there are some rib deformities in the people that suffer from this condition. Can anyone tell me this? I will appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hi to you too. I am thinking something about your question. There must be some rib deformities in the people that suffer from idiopathic scoliosis. They have curvature in spine and we all know that ribs begin in vertebrae. I am not sure what kind of deformity it is all about. You should consult your nephew’s orthopedist. He will fill you in with details. I am sorry I don’t know more. Please, let me know if you find out something. Bye!

Hi, there. My friend has been diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis. He also had rib deformity. I think it was rib hump. He went for surgical treatment. Among other things, he removed this rib hump. I agree with the previous post. Since ribs begin in spine, it is logical that they have a certain deformity. I hope your nephew will manage. Bye!