Hello, my friends. My friend from my class has been diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis. I think this is serious since his lungs are not functioning properly. I would like to know something more about this. He is hospitalized. I hope someone will answer this. Thanks for all your help. Bye, guys!

Hi, there. Idiopathic scoliosis has unknown cause. Here, there is spine curvature oriented to the left or to the right. If it is not treated properly, it can make some deformities. Although rare, scoliosis can impair lung functioning. It can also impair with heartbeat. I guess this is all linked to compromised thorax function. It cannot spread properly. I hope your friend will be fine. Bye!

Hello, everyone. Heart and lung function can be compromised within patients with scoliosis. If the curvature is greater than 70 degrees, this can easily happen. In this case, rib cage can press against heart and lungs. This makes breathing difficult. It also makes heart pumping more difficult. If the curvature is greater than 100 degrees, heart and/or lung damage may appear. Whenever there is lung malfunction, there is a great terrain for lung infections and pneumonia. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Oh my! I have ehlors danlos, connective tissue disorder, my back cant stay in place, have neck, thoracic painn and i have to consiously breath, or it doesnt happen, it is too bad that it doesnt rate any attention, but a guy who can't get it up, get right on that, spare no expense.