Hi, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with gaseous gangrene and he has been hospitalized. I think that he injured himself few days ago, so I would like to know what incubation period is in the case like this is. I will appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks in advance.

Hello, there. The gaseous gangrene is usually caused by bacterium that is called Clostridium perfrigens. The usual incubation period is 24 hours. However, this period can vary. It can last between 7 hours and 6 weeks. At least, a theory says this. I hope this helps. Good luck to your friend. Bye, there!

Hi, everyone. I would agree with all that is said here. My friend was hospitalized last year due to gaseous gangrene. He injured himself two days before the symptoms started. I would say that his incubation period was two days. I guess this depends on a type of the wound. It also depends on organism’s strength. You should consult an expert for more details. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!