HI! I am a 23- year old student of medicine and I am very interested in bone structure of our body. I like to read about various cases of fractures and anomalies. Yet, reading about it is never enough for me to fully understand the condition, what I do need for this purpose is to see the x-ray images. The X-ray images show every detail and therefore they are best for remembering and later on recognizing the condition. Yet I never found an X- ray describing the double partial patella. Does anyone know something about this condition? Maybe someone has these X-ray images?

Hello! I am a fellow-medicine student and I share your passion for bones. I have recently read an article on this subject which dealt with the case of a 6-year old boy who had this problem. I think that this was back in the 1984. What the article said is that it was only 30th case reported of double patella ever. It also contained the x-ray images of the boy’s knee. I am so sorry to tell you that I cannot remember where exactly I read this article, but now you at least know that these x-ray images exist somewhere and you can try to find them.

Well of course there are X-ray images of the double patella syndrome; and I am sure that if you talk to your professors they can find them and show them to you. Our professor had them. I am not sure that the ones in the article are the X-rays of double partial patella; it sounds more like they were the x-rays of the double patella syndrome which is an inborn anomaly. The double partial patella syndrome is, on the other hand, a kind of fracture.