Hello, guys. My friend had some problems with constant knee pain. At the end, he was diagnosed with chondromalacia. I would like to know what the reasons are for the occurrence of this disease. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me something more about this. Thank you for replying to my post.

Hello to you too. Chondromalacia is a term that origins from the beginning of the 20th century. In those days, experts believed that knee pain was caused by the softening of the knee cartilage. However, this theory is no longer valid, but the term left. Today patella-femoral pain syndrome is the term that is used. There are various factors that can cause this. It would be best for your friend to run some tests. In that way he will know his reasons for the occurrence of this disease. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello. I think that previous post is interesting. But we still haven’t found out anything about the reasons for chondronalacia’s occurrence. Those factors are various. Some of them are: neuromas, bursitis, iliotibial band, misalignment, overuse, etc. Your friend should run some tests in order to find out what caused his condition. He can try with arthroscopy or even MRI. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!