A few days ago I was accidentally stuck with a used needle. The person who used it claims that they are clean and that they never shared needles either. I am still worried. How long do I have to wait before I can get accurate test to rule out anything that I could have gotten

Hi Mamma,

You should go to the hospital (it is considered an emergency) and be tested for HIV/Aids, to establish that you don't have the virus now.  Then in 3 months you will return to be tested again.  A final test at 6 months is often done just to confirm the earlier tests.

You may also be given prophylactics to prevent hepatitis or other blood borne diseases.

When was your last tetanus shot too?

See your doctor ASAP.  If, there is a chance of you getting HIV or ANY infection, early treatment is key.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for your help. I have been freaking out. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow anyway so I am gonna tell him when I get there. He has a lab in his office so I hope he can do it there. I had a tetnus shot around 2005. I know it is every ten years but don't they give you another if it has been a while? Thank you for your help!! It means a lot.

Yes, they usually give you another if it's been a while.

Keep us posted. Good luck.