Is there a risk of getting hepatitis when having procedure of temporary tattoo? I was thinking about having one on my leg ankle. Does it hurt and what the risks for health are? I have not made definite decision to do it, because am a bit scared of the underlying consequences. Please post. Thanks.

As I know, temporary tattoos are with significantly less risk then the permanent are. Needles don’t break through the skin when doing temporary tattoo, as they have to do when having permanent and expose one to potential risk of hepatitis, tetanus and HIV. Of course, chances for infection are reduced by using sterile needles and gloves, but all that’s up to the artist. All the material has to be sterile, bottles with pigment, ink caps, razors, and stencils, so keep away from dirty work spaces. Permanent tattoos hurt, too. But temporary, as I said, don’t carry the risks for health.

Yes, that is correct. I think that this ink is not going under your skin, since it is not permanent. So, in that case, I believe that this risk is small, almost impossible. When it comes to a permanent tattoos, there is a risk, but if you are doing this tattoo at some "wild" places. Why? Because those tiny needles puncture your skin when you’re getting a tattoo and of course, this can cause bleeding. Well, if you tattoo buddy is doing this tattoo procedure with old needles or dirty ones, the infected blood remains on the tattoo needle or is in the pigment, the virus could be transferred to you during this procedure. It is important where you are getting a tattoo, just like the tattoo aftercare is.