How long does hiv ARS last if infected. Please help im in doubt and feel like dying

Hi Guest,

It usually starts within 2-4 weeks after exposure.  Your symptoms would be something like having a severe case of the flu.

There are treatments that can help, including anti-retrovirals.

See your doctor ASAP.  Early diagnosis and treatment are essential.

good luck.

Hi thanks for the reply. I know symptoms show up 2 to 4 weeks from exposure. But what I would like to know is how long this ARS symptoms will last. Thanks

That is the ARS stage. It's the primary HIV infection. You'll start to feel better shortly.

After that you go onto the clinical latency stage.

Im not so sure if its ARS. I went for a rapid hiv blood test 1 month from exposure and came back negative, now im waiting for another rapid blood test on the 3rd month. I experienced nasal congestion and chills 1 days after possible exposure. And then followed by fever on the 3rd day which lasted for 3days to 4 days. I have a white coated tounge which im not sure whether is it thrush or not, cause it doesnt look like thrush. It do not spread and it cant be scrap off, from what I know thrush can be scrap off and left a little bleeding. I do not have dry cough I have more alot of phlegm everytime I cough. It has been 2 and a half months since I fall sick. So im not every sure if its ARS. Can ARS last for this long?

Timing can vary. ARS usually lasts about 2-4 weeks. It's really just when you are first infected and the virus in growing rapidly - and you get sick with all the symptoms. After that it moves into the clinical latency stage where it is slowly growing without any symptoms.

Your symptoms 1 day after exposure would be very quick. More likely you were already coming down with something.

We normally test at exposure, to make sure you aren't already infected, and again at 30 days. We'll test again at 60 days and if it is negative then it is very likely you ARE NOT infected.

Finally we'll retest again at 90 days to confirm.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for all the replies.

Let me know the results when you get them please Guest.
Good luck.

Sorry but I like to ask another question, I've check for swollen lymph nodes but I do not have a single swollen lymph nodes but im feeling unwell. Can there be an explanation for this. Thanks

In what way don't you feel well? Can you give specific symptoms?

Headaches that kick in anytime, cold hands and feet, nasal congestion that havent recover totally for 2months plus, I have something like a rough tounge. White coated cannot be scrap off and doesnt left bleeding it doesnt sound like oral thrush does it? What I read on net was that it can be scrap off and left a little bleeding and it would spread to inner cheek below tounge and roof of tounge but it doesnt. I feel that body isnt right. I forced myself to work out and my muscles sore last till for 1 week already I dont think I have such sore for so long from what I remember. My skin feel so hot but everytime I check for a fever that wasnt any fever. And my hands and feet are icy cold.

It doesn't sound like thrush from your description. The other symptoms could very well be viral. That doesn't necessarily mean you have HIV though.

Thank you very much for you replies. Can I enquire on more things if I have questions?

Of course.
Keep me posted on your status.

Hi medic-dan, I have a few things to ask again, I recently realise that the skin on my palm are peeling. They are like freaking rough and dry and peel on its own, and I have excessive gas I guess. I have the urge to pass out gas like almost all the time. Are this symptoms too?