I recently had a medical abortion. I'm tearful and regretful so much. My partner and I both admit it is a serious mistake and we should do the right thing.

How long should I wait to try to conceive? I want to wait after my first period after abortion come? I had abortion in the mid of Jan, I want to try to conceive in the March. Will this be too early and may increase the chance of miscarriage?

I know that with miscarrages they recommend you have at least one cycle/period first before trying. I dont know about abortions but it would make sense to have one period first for the same reason.

I DID AN ARBOTION 2YEARS BY MYSELF AND NOW I AM MARRIED TO AN HIV PERSON. WE TRIED MANY TIMES TO HAVE A BABY BUT I CANNOT CONCEIVE AND I AM SCARED TO TELL HIM WHAT T DID I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART AND I CANNOT LOSE HIM.PLEASE HELP.

Would you please think about something first..Do you really want to have a baby born with HIV? To have a child that you know will eveuntually die and not be able to live a full healthy life?? To have the child left behind with noone to raise the baby? To be mistreated by friends and at school because this child has HIV?? Chances are you have aids as well and will be passed on to the child, this is a terminal disease, and it wouldnt be fair for the child to live a life without parents...Im not judgeing you for the decsion that you want to make I just want you to think about this before you actually concieve....

Its a rough life right now the way it is for babys to be born in anyways, and then to have a child brought in this world with HIV will be even harder...I wouldnt want my child to be treated as a disease and left out, I wouldnt do it, no matter how bad I want a child...Maybe adoption would be the best for you......

Regarding Indiana Girl's reply,
If you want a child with your husband than keep trying, be honest with him and see a specialist. Your child can have a high quality of life as long as you monitor their health and your's and prepare them emotionally for their journey. I resent that anyone would tell you not to have a child with HIV. I do not not have HIV but I know people more normal than "normal" people. Your husband will understand, Good luck keep trying.

My doctor told me after I had a miscarriage earlier this year to wait 3 mths before trying again. Your need time to heal inside.

First, I am sorry for your loss. Its a hard thing to decide to have an abortion.

Second, really, really take time to talk about and decide if having a child now is right for you, because you just made the decision not to have one. Really really take time for this, or you may change your mind again when you are too pregnant to have an abortion. This is a BIG decision in life. Remember, having a baby is a responsibility for 18-20 + years.

I had a miscarriage and the doctor told me to wait until after I had my period 2 or 3 times, then try again. You body probably will not be healed enough for you to become pregnant again in March and it sounds like you are trying to rush.

Realize what is done is done, you cant change that, but think now and make a good choice.

Good luck!