Today at work I was helping a customer at the Bank when I got a sharp stabbing pain in my chest. I also experienced tingling in my lips and my tongue. My whole body flushed and I couldn't speak or breathe. I was lightheaded as well. The sharp pains only lasted for a few moments but it was intense, not like the random sharp pains one experiences now and then. However the tingling and wierd feeling stayed with me throught the day. During the incident, I honestly thought I was having a heart attack, but I am a healthy active 23 year old. I know heart attacks in my age group are not unheard of, but I was/am still worried. Any suggestions? If you can reply to ****e-mail not allowed**** that would be great but I'll check here too. Thanks

someone reply to this. it happened to me too

**edited by moderator**

this happens to me a lot. my dr. says it is anxiety. i've been to a cardiologist and my testing came back fine. i still have a hard time believing it though.

I have this happen a lot to me (even today, which is why I started searching online for answers), but I've narrowed it down to being related to certain foods I eat. I think it may be an allergic reaction to a certain type of flour (for me). Did you eat anything prior to this happening?

I had the same thing happen to me all of the sudden, I thought I was having a heart attack as well. When I went to the emergency room the doctor told me I had an anxiety attack.

I'm so glad to see others who have these problems, and know its not just me. My doctor is apparently clueless, since he picked up on nothing.

Do you people also have problems with cold feet and hands, and a kinda shooting pain in your head? Like, a pulse, almost.. hurts like hell for just a fraction of a second and disorients you a little bit?

Yeh get the exact same symptoms as the last person, cold feet hands, shooting pain..ALL of them and have been wondering about them all.
from research very short shooting pain in the head can be from the heart not pumping enough blood quick enough(oxygen) so the blood vessles in the head dilate.

SOmetimes when i stand i get slight blackouts as well which is not an issue, but something i've noticed is when i'm sick the blackouts are replaced by the short head pain, for the same amount of time. no fade out at all, just the pain, whenever im sick.. which means the immune system is down and the heart is struggling, which probably shoouldnt happen with a healthy heart. It can also happen if you hold your breath or just randomly.. Thats just what ive found from research. All the other problems, like cold or numbness seem to relate to circulation or nerves..
Still nothing that ties it all together.. the tingling tounge is a new thing.. and strange a lot of people seem to have both.. I also have a lot of other left chest symtoms.. recently peaked with 6-10 strong heart beat skips a day. i used to get one every few days which is normal..
Anyway otehr explanation is definitely anxiety related for most people..

im currently stuggling trough everyday life with thesesyptoms. on anxiety medication currently and beta blockers for my heart. doc doesnt know exacty whats going on but plays it up to my anxiety. do you ever get arm pain or weakness? maybe same feeling in your legs?

I also experience these issues too, the numb lips and tongue are a new addition but the chest pains and getting dizzy on standing up have been happening for a few years now. My doctors say it is anxiety but I am not so sure!

Would be very helpful to get some more info on this if anyone has any out there?

I know this post was over a year ago but I was wondering if you have found any resolve with your lips and tongue tingling and heart pains. I went to the emergency a couple of days ago for the same thing and they sent me home with no answers.

Idk if this is the same thing but I had a sharp pain in my heart well that's what it felt like then my right fingers started tingling

I had the same symptoms and did what most others did.  Went to the doctor, heart monitor, ect.  It was also anxiety.  It almost always happened to me while I was sitting down at work.  It turned out to be anxiety.  I would get so worried I was having a heart attack that I would make things worse.

Hey i have the same i feel like my tongue hurts,My eyes loss vision a little i fell dizzy an my chest pain i thought i had HIV checked my self it was nebative i thought i had heart disease or lung cancer Negative so im like what in the world i have :T if anybody has thisplease email me :( or add me on facebook @ Teddii Sowavii Cabreja

So I'm not alone. Anyone have MS too ?

Ask your Doctor to test for a Phaochromacytoma. I had all these issues for years and it took a random side effect to a Beta blocker and one trainee pharmacist to realise it was a tumour of the adrenal gland..