I'm a 19 year old femald..So I was diagnosed with svt and I've been to the ER about four times and they done ekgs but the doctors say I'm fine and that it is anxiety.. I did already go to a cardiologist and he said that he doesn't see any life threatning situation with me..but lately everyday I get this pulling sensation from my heart,chest pain,a bit of numbness on my left side.also is it normal to hear your heart beating in your ear?anyone else has this and what have you done ?

Get your doctor to look into Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) and you can Wikipedia it, I have it - recently diagnosed with it myself and it sounds like you may have it as well.  Hope this helps

Sorry for your problems. I did some looking around and found some things that may be helpful for you. With regard to the heartbeat in your ears, that is a common occurrence that happens in relation to heart issues. It could mean you have elevated blood pressure or simply that you are anxious which causes your heart rate to increase making it easier to hear your heart beating.

Most SVTs are unpleasant rather than life threatening, although very fast heart rates can be problematic for those with underlying issues of blood flow to the heart. 

Has your cardiologist classified the subtype of SVT? It is important to know as some treatments are specific for the subtype.

Here is what else I found on SVT. 

Most of this you probably already know, but for those who do not, symptoms can arise suddenly and may resolve without treatment. Stress, exercise, and emotion can all result in a normal or physiological increase in heart rate, but can also, more rarely, precipitate SVT. Episodes can last from a few minutes to one or two days, sometimes persisting until treated. The rapid heart rate reduces the opportunity for the "pump" (your heart) to fill between beats, decreasing cardiac output and consequently blood pressure.

The following symptoms are typical with a rate of 150–270 or more beats per minute:

- Pounding heart

- Shortness of breath

- Chest pain

- Rapid breathing

- Dizziness

- Loss of consciousness (in only the most serious cases)

Episodes may require treatment by trained medical staff when they occur, but interval therapy may also be used to prevent or reduce recurrence.

Physical maneuvers

A number of physical maneuvers increase AV nodal block, principally through activation of the parasympathetic nervous system, conducted to the heart  by the vagus nerve.

- The Valsalva maneuver should be the first vagal maneuver tried and works by increasing intra-thoracic pressure and affecting baroreceptors (pressure sensors) within the arch of the aorta. It is carried out by asking the patient to hold his/her breath and try to exhale forcibly as if straining during a bowel movement. Holding the nose and exhaling against the obstruction has a similar effect.

- There are other vagal maneuvers including: holding one's breath for a few seconds, coughing, plunging the face into cold water, (via the diving reflex, drinking a glass of ice cold water, and standing on one's head. Carotid sinus massage, carried out by firmly pressing the bulb at the top of one of the carotid arteries in the neck, is effective but is often not recommended in the elderly due to the potential  risk of stroke in those with atherosclerotic plaque in the carotid arteries.

- Reducing coffee, alcohol or tobacco use or increasing the amount of rest may help to alleviate symptoms. Pressing down gently on the top of closed eyes may also bring heartbeat back to normal rhythm for some people  suffering from atrial or supraventricular tachycardia (SVT).

Medications

Adenosine, an ultra-short acting AV nodal blocking agent, is indicated if vagal maneuvers are not effective. If successful, follow-up therapy with diltiazem, verapamil or metoprolol may be indicated. Adenosine may be safely used during pregnancy. SVT that does not involve the AV node may respond to other anti-arrhythmic drugs such as sotalol or amiodarone.

Cardio-version

If the patient is unstable or other treatments have not been effective, synchronized electrical cardio-version may be used.

Prevention

Patients with more frequent or disabling symptoms generally warrant some form of prevention. A variety of drugs including simple AV nodal blocking agents such as beta-blockers and verapamil, as well as anti-arrhythmics may be used, usually with good effect, although the risks of these therapies need to be weighed against potential benefits.

Radiofrequency ablation has revolutionized the treatment of tachycardia caused by a re-entrant pathway. This is a low risk procedure that uses a catheter inside the heart to deliver radio frequency energy to locate and destroy the abnormal electrical pathways. Ablation has been shown to be highly effective: around 90% in the case of AVNRT. Similar high rates of success are achieved with AVRT and typical Atrial Flutter.

There is a newer treatment for SVT involving the AV node directly. This treatment is called Cryoablation. SVT involving the AV node is often a contraindication for using radiofrequency ablation due to the small (1%) incidence of injuring the AV node requiring a permanent pacemaker.

I hope some of this information is useful to you.

Thank you so much for this information!! && the first time I went to the ER was the time where they caught my svt and it was classified as PSVT . I do have medication its metroprolol but my cardiologist said to take it when I felt the palpitations.. the problem is that this medication just makes me feel extremely dizzy and brings my heart rate really low. I did tell this to my cardiologist but he didn't change It and that's why he told me to stop taking everyday and to take it whenever I need it instead.. I'm scheduled to get an echo but they told me they first need authorization from my insurance ..its been more than a week and they still haven't called. its kind of annoying.however my cardiologist mentioned ablation and gave me a reference to an electrophysiologist and I'm not sure whether to give her a call or just wait and see what happens with the echo and than go from there..