This topic from "disorders"

I am sorry to write bad English, but I've never studied, and I use the online translator.
For 8 years I have serious problems left ear: 1) tinnitus; 2) fullness, 3) pain in the eardrum, 4) hyperacusis, 5) when sounds coming from the healthy ear (right) the earbones and eardrum tremble painfully ill 6) Fortunately I don't have vertigo.
I was visited by 25 otholaringologists with misdiagnoses or conflicting. In August, the last specialist with a new CT scan confirmed the superior semicircular canal dehiscence. Vemp negative, negative Audiometry, nystagmus negative!
The surgery will be done through the middle cranial fossa and I will have to decide for himself to do this dangerous and delicate operation.
But first of all I like to receive more information from those who have already done this surgery to know what was positive or negative.
Thank you to all

My first question to you is - where did you get the 'special' CT scan? and where do you live.

I live in Toronto, Ontario and just this hour came home from surgery. I had a procedure done by Dr. Parnes in London, Ont., whereby they make a flap behind the eardrum (made of bone, from an incision behind the ear and paste. This apparently gives 25-75% relief of symptoms and saves you from the more serious surgery. If there isn't enough improvement you can then decide if you want to proceed with the more delicate surgery. Unfortunately I have this condition in BOTH ears and have to go through this again on the other ear in a couple of months.

Time will tell.

You should seriously consider this surgery before the other one.

CM

Please keep us posted ~ I haven't had the surgery, but am thinking about it.

I have just been diagnosed with this problem by Dr. Parnes and he has suggested surgery in through the ear canal using tissue or bone taken from behind the ear. How are things now since having the surgery? Any info you can give in regards to the surgery and after affects would be appreciated as I have to decide whether to have it done or live with it. Thank-you.

Dr. Parnes did this surgery on both of my ears. Surgery went very well with no pain and really no recovery time. I did get some relief, but I still have most of my symptoms (mabye a 25% overall improvement). However, I probably have other issues going on and will need further medical treatment.
Good luck to you.

benmaggs: Thank you so much for the info. I have been wondering that since there is a hole that this surgery may not do too much other than to maybe lessen the noises I am hearing. It's too bad that your improvement wasnt better. Was it flesh or bone that he took from behind your ear?

benmaggs:
One other question, how long ago was your surgery done?

Hello I'm new to this group. I've been diagnosed w/ semicircular dehinesce. The dizziness is horrible, unable to drive, have been working off & on, mostly off. I'm scared, I fell and fractured my skull, and that's what caused the ear problem. I have horrible headaches, blurred vision, and constant spinning. Dr tried the Epley maneuver I also have crystal issues, did not work. I guess surgery is the next option?? So scared, any thoughts?? It's ruining my life, job etc.... Please help!!

I am also in Toronto. Did you have to go all the way to london or was there not anyone here? Also have you had positive results?