Hi. I had a nose job. My surgeon was Mark Constantian. I must say I am not thrilled with the result. Everybody told me he is a great rhinoplasty surgeon. Now I see they were wrong. My nose is not what I thought it will be. Maybe I`ve had expectations much too high. I am not sure. What do you think about Mark Constantian work?

Hi. I had rhinoplasty and Mark Constantian was my surgeon too. I am, however, very happy with the result. I had a big nose, and it was broken too. Mark Constantian took every part of my face into consideration and he did the best comb. My nose is still a little bigger, but my face cannot support small nose. I think my new nose looks really good. I had no expectations at all, maybe that is why I am so happy now. I bet your nose is just fine, you just have to except it.

bitney newbie:

I am thinking about using Doctor Constantian. Can you explain why you dont like your nose? Did you tell him what you wanted? Can you send me a picture of before and after? Thanks.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Hi there. I'm due to fly out to Boston from London in April 2007 to have a consultation with Mark Constantian. I have already seen three different surgeons in London and was told very different things by each of them. The second surgeon I saw recommended Mark Constantian on the grounds that he is one of the best surgeons in the world for revision or secondary rhinoplasty. I would be very grateful if anybody who has had surgery with Mark Constantian could leave a posting which describes their experience. With thanks

I am having surgery in may, just wondering what you dont like about your results

How did your surgery come out? I am also considering Constantian for a rhinoplasty. I am African American female and I like the fact that he uses closed procedure. Thanks!

Hi cmoore,

Was wondering how your consultation (op too?) with Constantian went? Or if anyone else has had anything done with him - are you pleased? Would be really grateful for any info. What surgeons did you see in London (was Matti one of them?) Constantian's written so many books/papers on function and aesthetics that it gives the impression he's the best, but all it takes is to hear one person is unhappy with the result to put you off..

Hope it went well anyway

I had a consult with Dr. C and was wondering why you do not like your results. My surgery is scheduled for Oct so please email me what happened and maybe pictures if you don't mind?

are you unhappy because you wanted something smaller or does it look not normal?

Prior to consulting with Dr. Constantian I had suffered through four major failed rhinoplasties and numerous minor procedures which all fell short in some way. During my initial surgery at a teaching hospital in Philadelphia in 1976 all of the cartilage on the right side of my nose was stripped out of my nose. There were three major surgeries after that in which supramesh and ear cartilage were utilized in an attempt to give structure and form to my nose. When I met Dr. Constantian in 2011 my nose was distorted from every angle and breathing was severely compromised. I knew when I met Dr. Constantian that I was in the presence of someone who possessed knowledge and skill far beyond that of his peers. He is a man of incredible compassion and determination to help his patients, more so than any doctor I’ve ever known in any field.

When that level of skill, knowledge and compassion are combined, the results are extraordinary. He improved my nose in ways that I never dreamed were possible, in ways that other highly regarded specialists told me could never be accomplished. The reviews of Dr. Constantian are overwhelmingly positive, but when I read some of the negative reviews it frustrates me that someone who desperately needs his help could be dissuaded from going forward based on the content of a negative review. I wish I could show you the photos of me before and after. I wish there was room to outline the detail of the 15 procedures I went through to try to improve my nose before I met Dr. Constantian. I wish you could know and understand what this man did for me...so that you would have the peace of mind and confidence to go forward... to know that, no, you don’t have to live with a nose that is distorted or conflicts with your self image...even though everything else for you may have failed...you can trust Dr. Constantian to make it so much better. I will always believe that he was and is the only person on the planet who could have helped me and I will always be grateful to him and to his amazing and kind staff.

I had one by Dr. Constantian as well. Very poor outcome. I think his work is overrated. No one thinks my nose looks good.

Who gives a damn if your nose looks good . Tired of complainers blaming mark constantian for your ugly face. As far as I'm concerned if you can breathe out of your nose 10% better for years and years after surgery it is a success

He destroyed my nose. He put so many grafts in it, it was huge and I am only 5 feet tall with a thin face. He made it too short, too wide, absolutely horrible. I had to see 14 doctors before I found one who was willing to try and fix it. That's what a mess he made of it. On top of it, he was very nasty.

I would have to see pictures before I would believe that.

Are you related to him?

If you are considering rhinoplasty, and are searching for the best doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Constantian.
He was referred to me by a plastic surgeon 10 years ago that said for my difficult case, Dr. Constantian would be the best plastic surgeon in the U.S..
This was after I visited three plastic surgeons that would not take my case.
I was born without nasal cartilage, and through the years, I had six surgeries to correct the problem. Each time, the plastic or bone slipped and my nose was wide and crooked.
During my first visit, Dr. Constantian explained that he would use my rib bone, as he needed more to work with than my ear cartilage would provide. It would be an improvement, but I would most likely need a second surgery to increase the tip and narrow my nostrils. He said
there was a possibility that the rib could curl or slip after a while. That was ten years ago and over time, my nose again looked crooked with a bump.
I returned to Dr. Constantian to ask what he could do to fix my nose. He explained that he would decide at the time of surgery if he needed more rib or could use ear cartilage. I totally trusted his skill and judgement. Dr. Constantian reshaped the original rib bone and inserted cartilage from my ear. Now my nose is straight with narrow nostrils, a nice tip, and looks symmetrical, and I can breath well through my nose. It now looks normal! I am thrilled to recommend Dr. Constantian and his staff.
They treated me with professionalism and respect; like a friend. I also appreciate that he does his operations in a hospital. Dr. Constantian is a well-respected, skilled, dedicated, seriously brilliant plastic surgeon.