My 3 yr old ruptured his ear drum nearly 2 months ago and it isn't healing on its own and now the ENT wants to perform surgery.Has anyone had this surgery?Thanks

my son is 5 years old and has had a tymenoplasty surgery onhis left ear and so far so good.we will be having a hearing test in 1 week to see how well it worked.but all in all he did really good and has heard an airplane and a bird..

I have had the surgery done twice. The first time was because the hole in the eardrum didn't close all the way. The second one was to close it all the way. It may take two surgeries but it up to the doctor to decided. But since I have had both surgeries my hearing has improve. You also need to know that I had the surgeries when I was 10 and 11, so it may take shorter time to heal than it did for me. I wish your son the best of luck

just checking how the surgery went and was he in any pain after the surgery.