I have been a healthy person all my life, but I have been having all kind of health problems this past year and 1/2 from muscular problems, breathing problems to Acid reflux, and I started having really bad pain in my jaw, and back of mouth near the last left molar, a headache and ear ache, and then I also think I may have strep throat, again! And i had it 2 mths ago. I have had this pain but way less before, but this time it was bad.
I went to the dentist and the oral surgeon and they are going to remove that tooth and biopsy the space behind the tooth where they think it might be a cyst of some kind. Are there any other bodily problems that could arise from something like this? And what could they be possibly? Anything like what I have been dealing with?

thanks,

kathkath1515

having an impacted wisdom tooth can give you all sorts of problems-especially if there is a cyst behind it. The badness from the cyst is going in to your blood stream for a start. I have just had mine taken out - i am 58 and i was terrified. In the UK they said they wouldnt do it, but i now live in Spain and it was brilliant. I have still got stitches in my mouth. I was told if i didnt have it out the cyst could possibly turn malignant, so go and have it done !

Last week my dentist found a cyst/tumor in my lower jaw. It appears to contain some type of a peice of calcium. I will be seeing a maxillofacial Dr. in a few days. In my research, I'm discovering that it may be due to a left over tissues from a tooth that never errupted..... I am 25. At 19 I had 3 wisdom teeth removed and was told I oddly did not have one near the spot where I know have developed this cyst. I have had some sensitivity in the area, sore throats, bad breath, sinus problems, swollen tonsils.... It seems logical that all of this is connected somehow.

Wish me luck.

HI Souxie, I am 58 too, and actually had surgery on the cyst in my jawbone connected with an impaced wisdom tooth, also had that tooth and its half-erupted opposite number taken out....it was no fun, but thank God I had good surgeons and didn't have to pay. Taking a while to heal and have the swelling go down. Hoping and praying you are fine now. x

Hi, I am 62 and just had my impacted lower wisdom tooth taken out, plus the cyst behind it.  I can't even tell you how much better I feel.  It was infected for the last month, and I can feel my swollen lymph glands subsiding for the first time in 2 months.  I have had many problems related to the nerve in my jaw and already I feel a huge difference.  the wisdom tooth was laying on top of the nerve with the roots straddling the nerve.  The minute he took the tooth out, I felt a shift.  I had it out yesterday, and I don't even have to take pain meds or anti-inflammatories.  It feels so much better than it has for the last month.  So far, Im expecting much more improvement over time.  I think the infection ws there for a loooong time and really wreaked havoc with my immune system.  All wisdom teeth finally gone.  Yay!

Did you have any bone graft? I have large cyst and horizontal (way down tooth). They say they will have to put some bone in there. How long were you in pain and did you lose any feeling on lip, chin? I have no pain, but thinking this cyst was there for many many years. I'm 58 years old.

Hello...did you have to have any bone grafts? I'm having surgery on Tuesday where they have to remove the cyst, remove the tooth and graft bone. I'm scared to death! How long to heal? The dentist said this will be more painful than the biopsy...UGH She's doing IV sedation.