Hello! My sister has problems with kidney stones and now we are considering best solution for her. She decided that she would get rid of this painful nasty. We have heard that fort this purpose can be use surgical and non-surgical procedures. We need advice which procedure would be better. Thank you very much!

Hello! Regarding the fact that for surgical procedure she will be in total anesthetic (which can be extremely dangerous) and that surgeon will cut her (very bloody and painful after procedure), I think that non-surgical procedures are much better. So, my advice is non-surgical procedure! Hope that my opinion helps you!

I think that it depends how large the stone is. Lithotripsy (sound waves) will work on smaller stones. I've just had a large stone successfully surgically removed when the lithotripsy failed to break it up. It was done through keyhole surgery in my back & I was in hospital 5 nights.

i don't know if your sister has had her stone taken care of or not, but thought i would give my thoughts. I discovered this past september that i had an 11 MM stone that was only an inch below the kidney in my ureter. I tried the Lithotripsy, (Non surgical-shock waves administered from outside the body) twice. Neither time it worked. I just recently had the surgery where they go in thru the urethra and laser the stones and then remove the smaller pieces with a basket. The surgery (outpatient) was less than an hour, and i was asleep for it. The surgery was just fine and they got all the pieces, but the stent they inserted is the pits. it's been a very uncomfortable week, but thankfully it will be removed tomorrow in his office. If your sisters stone is 5 mm or less i would seriously look into uriflow (available on the net) before having surgery. I started taking it after the 2nd lithotripsy and it helped dissolve and break up the larger stone, but it didn't get rid of it all. I am confident had i kept taking it longer it would have removed the stone in it's entirety, but my doctor said two months was too long to have this stone. ( he didn't know i was taking the uriflow) I only used it for 3 weeks and was amazed that it broke up the larger stone and the pieces went all the way down to an inch above the bladder. But i couldnt wait, I had to have the surgery due to health insurance. I have a 3000 deductible and since i met it this year already (because of the stones) i wanted to get this surgery done before January or i would have owed another 3000 deductible. It's horrible i had to make that choice, but nowdays we have to do what we gotta do right?. Anyhow, i hope your sisters stone gets taken care of. I researched the internet high and low and tried all those "home remedies" Olive oil and lemon Juice, coke and asparagus" none worked. Good Luck