Hi, I have kidney stones and no need to say to anyone with experience how bad is the pain. It`s sharp and cramping and makes me wish I was dead. The stones should pass on their own, and I have no blood in my urine. But, I have noticed that my blood pressure is high and wonder is there a link between kidney stones and high blood pressure.

That relationship between kidney stones and high blood pressure is not really understood. Medical experts are not sure whether stones lead to high blood pressure or having a high blood pressure will increase the risk of getting a stone. Bu, I`ve heard that hypertensive people are more likely to have a kidney stone. Also, you could have a kidney disease. A kidney disease can cause you a high blood pressure.

Kidney stones can occur as a result of high blood pressure. This is because the part of your kidney involved in concentrating the solutes in your urine to way above that of normal tissue (around 1200mosmols/litre) relies on a normal level of blood pressure. This area is called the juxtamedullary nephrons. The body raises the urine to this concentration by using a system called countercurrent. By passing the solution of urine through an area of the kidneys with a high concentration of solutes, water is pulled back into the body by osmosis. This high concentration is maintained by a slow flow of blood in this area of the kidney. In the event of blood flowing fast through this region this high concentration is washed out resulting in the body not being able to concentrate the urine as effectively. This results in an increase in water being passed. As water passing into the urine carries other solutes with it such as calcium, sodium, chloide, and other important ions the pressure on the collecting areas of the kidney are increased. A build up of these ions, in particular calcium contribute to kidney stones.

well i have kidney stones. blood pleasure, 248 over 100 first checked. stayed like that for a few days and lots of pain. senond  check stayed about the same. stayed high for about 3 long days. released from hospital, 200 over 100, and stll have that stupid stone.

hynd wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME FOR THIS

Now a days am 29 year old, when i was of 24 I faced Kidney Stone problem, now again i am facing a kidney stone problem, I also noticed my blood pressure is 140/95 which is higher than normal, I shocked, even I was regularly going to exercise (Mainly running 3-4 kms per day) still facing a problem of blood pressure,

Hi Santhosh,

I just wanted to share my views..i had kidney stone and after operation my blood pressure went to 150/105 , i am not sure whether it is because of kidney operation, how to know bp has increased because of kidney operation.

Hi everyone!

The pain hynd experiences can increase blood pressure. Kidneys are major organs that control acid-base balance, electrolytes and waste products. Having kidney stones can affect its ability to function well thus contributing to problems such as hypertension, infection and skin problems. Waste products will find a way to get out of the body. 

I had surgery for a large stag horn sturite stone. Since surgery I continue to pass stone, have infections and fever. Now I have blood pressure. What is going on?

ASK FOR LITHOTRIPSY I HAVE IT A OFTEN N IT DOES WORK AND ISNT INVASIVE OR RQUIRE ANYTHING BUT LAYING DOWN WHILE A BEAM BREAKS UP THE STONES MAY TAKE A FEW GOES THO

I am a 30 year old female and I have had/dealt with kidney stones since I was 19. I have not passed any in about 5 years but have up until then. I increased my vitamin D intake, watch my diet (foods/beverages with high oxalates/dehydration) I try to stay away from. I also was diagnosed with high BP 3 years ago. I take lisinpril daily 10mg and ever since taking this I have also noticed a decrease in kidney pain and all around kidneys feel better. I think there is a correlation. I always had small kidney aches at night, felt sluggish, uncomfortable to urinate from time to time but ever since I found out I had high BP and starting taking medication for it those symptoms have pretty much vanished and I still haven't had any reoccurring stones.

Hi, I am now 66 and suffered with kidney stones since I was 18. I havent had one since I became vegetarian 20 years ago. However I do have high blood pressure and nothing seems to affect it apart from medication. Before starting the medication it was up and down like a yoyo with no apparent reason, neither diet nor mood. Sorry I have no concrete advice
Andy

I had to have a surgical procedure to get rid of a kidney stone. Since then my blood pressure has run very low for me. under 7 different meds my pressure ran about 120/70. today I checked it and it was 94/49, almost passed out twice.

In old age (60 years) the patient have no pain but the stone are presnt in her kidney and her blood pressure is 240 so why it was????? Plz reply quick

Anyone who has both stones and high blood pressure, have ur blood calcium levels checked as well, could be a parathyroid issue