Hi, I am a 32 years old man, and I suffer from kidney stone. I heard that weight somehow causes this condition. Is it possible that I have kidney stone because I gained 37 pounds from high school?

I think it might be a reason. If you gained that much from your puberty, that means that you almost doubled your chances for getting a kidney stone. Women who gained weight are even more likely to get this disease from men. In the last decade, number of overweight people increased, and so did the reported cases of kidney stones. This is happening because the fat tissue decreases the body’s ability to respond to insulin. This leads to changes to the urine and causes the growth of kidney stones. It is a very common condition today, one in twenty people suffers from it. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most painful conditions. Kidney stones often pass through the urinary tract on their own. If they are too big, a procedure called lithotripsy is used.