Hi, I have kidney stone that will not pass, and I think that they are only getting larger. My doc told me that the most of the stones will pass on their own and that we should wait for a while. But the pain is so hard that I think I can`t longer stand it. Heard about shock waves and know that there is a surgery option but not sure should I go for it. Does anybody know something about treatment options? More, how can I avoid more stones?

I`m 43 and had a big kidney stone that was here to stay. My doc told me that it will go away on its` own, but it was simply not passing. So, I went to a shock waves treatment and it`s not such a big deal. The shock waves simply break a large stone into small pieces. After that, those pieces just passed on their own through my urinary system. But, I`ve heard about a tunnel surgery for stone removal and there is also a method called ureteroscope, but don`t know much about it. In order to avoid more stones drink more fluids – water is the best.